What’s the Best Time to visit Tanzania for Safari?
The best time to visit Tanzania is during the Dry season, from late June to October, when wildlife viewing is generally at its best. The wildebeest migration in the Serengeti is usually during June and July and the time to see the wildebeest calving is from late January to February. The southern and western circuit parks are best visited during the Dry season (June to October), unlike the more popular northern circuit parks that can be visited year-round.
- Best TimeJune to October (All parks), June-July, and January-February (Serengeti for the wildebeest migration and calving)
- High season July to March (northern circuit parks; they get crowded), July to October (southern and western circuit parks; they don’t really get crowded any time of the year)
- Low season April and May (northern circuit parks still get quite a few visitors unlike the southern and western circuit parks, where many lodges close down)
- Best WeatherJune to October (Little to no rainfall)
- Worst WeatherMarch and April (Peak of Wet season)